Fine Art - Portraits and Landscapes
Throughout 30+ years of painting portraits and landscapes in oil and watercolor, from Impressionism to Classical Realism, it has been a fascinating journey. As I show my paintings to clients, describing the story behind each one and its importance to the family member, ideas are sparked of a special photo or memory they want painted. We embark on the process together to select the best option to have that 'special moment in time' created into a family treasure to place in their home. Seeing the joy on their faces as they view their completed painting is always rewarding.
Whether it's from the photo of a loving family member, favorite landscape, special horse or sweet pet, the experience of having your personal memory captured on canvas will bless your family for generations to come. Through carefully planned and positioned strokes of paint, your family treasure will be developed with precision when you commission an oil painting portrait or landscape.
This is my usual process of creating art for your home:
- You may have met me at an art show, speaking engagement, my studio, or were referred by a friend or family member.
- I will give you ideas on selecting an existing photo or what new ones to photograph for making an interesting portrait painting (even eliminating certain aspects from the photo to develop a portrait).
- Family pets are a sweet element to add interaction to a portrait with a family member or by themselves.
- If it's your vacation scene memory, even if the photo is too dull, I can bring it to life as I did with Cloisters Museum in New York.
- We will discuss possible locations where the painting will be placed in your home for size requirements and color scheme of the room.